In Mac OS (Mojave) 10.14.4, to import browser data—like favorites, history, passwords— from Safari, you need to give full disk access permissions from the system preferences tool. This is because Apple introduced new security features which limit apps from accessing data from system apps like Safari.
- Open Security & Privacy, and select Privacy > Full Disk Access.
- Select Click the lock to make changes.
- Enter your Mac password.
- After authentication, the lock icon will become unlocked. Select the add button and go to Applications > Microsoft Edge folder > Microsoft Edge and then select Open.
- You should now see Microsoft Edge in the list of applications which have full disk access.
You’re now ready to import your Safari data.
- Open Microsoft Edge, select Settings and more (Alt+F) … > Settings.
- Under Profiles, select Import Browser data.
- Select Safari, the items you want to import, and then select Import.
Once you’re done, we suggest you remove Microsoft Edge from the list of apps with full disk access. It’s a good security practice to give this privilege to apps sparingly and on a need-to basis.
Content Update: 5/6/2019